If you’re deep in the ecosystem of Google, you likely already understand the business has a lot of data about you. Luckily, they hold a lot of it in one location for you to download and even remove it.
Deleting your account information from Google will not remove your account from Google; you will not lose your Gmail, YouTube, Google Drive, etc. What it really means to erase your Google information is that you clear the documents that Google keeps on you, such as the things you’re looking for on the internet, the applications you’re opening on your computer, the videos you’ve watched on YouTube, and so on.
There are two methods to manually and automatically expunge most types of Google information. You can extract whole pieces of data at once or you can choose precisely what you want to remove while maintaining the remainder. For instance, you can erase the internet history of yesterday, Google Assistant records of today, YouTube searches of the whole last year, etc.
How To Delete Your Google Account Data
As you can see below, there are several categories of data you can delete. Skip to the data portion you want to delete from your account.
First, however, follow these two measures, which is how to select what to delete on the correct page.
Open the Data & Personalization area of your Google account. By choosing Data & Personalization from the left, you can get there from this link.
Choose Get started from the Take the Privacy Checkup area at the top.
Erase Web & App Activity From Google
Web search activity is likely the largest reason that most individuals want to remove their information from Google.
You can erase your search entries as well as a enormous quantity of information that Google keeps on you when you pursue these measures, such as the locations you’re opening, the notifications that you’re removing from your Android device, the applications you’ve been using, records that you’ve opened in Google Docs, applications that you’ve visited in the Google Play Store, and much more.
- Select MANAGE WEB & APP ACTIVITY.
- Select Delete activity by.
- Choose the date that has the information you want to remove, or select All time from the menu.
- Pick a product from the list or choose All products to delete your Google data that pertains to all products. Your options include everything from ads and books data to Chrome, Drive, Gmail, Google News, Image Search, Google Play Store, Search, Video Search, etc.
Tip: You can stop personalized ads and search results on Google from your Google account settings.
- Confirm with the Delete button.
To erase your web and app activity automatically, follow these steps:
- Visit the MANAGE WEB & APP ACTIVITY page again, but this time select Choose how long to keep.
- Pick Keep for 18 months or Keep for 3 months, and then choose Next.
- Select Delete in the future to wait until the records are 18 or 3 months old to remove them, or pick Delete now to erase the activity right now and then have them also auto-deleted later.
- Choose Confirm to save the changes.
Erase Your Google Location History
While signing in to your Google account, a map of all the locations your mobile device has left is logged in and stored in your Google account. The advantages include better searches while using Google Maps and the capacity to see where you were through the timeline service provided by Google.
Tip: Learn how
to view Google Maps location history
How to delete this account information from Google:
- Select MANAGE LOCATION HISTORY.
- From your Timeline page, select the gear/settings button at the bottom.
- Choose Delete all Location History.
- Confirm with the check box, and then click DELETE LOCATION HISTORY.
To automatically delete your location information from Google from now on, full steps 1 and 2 above and follow:
- Select Automatically delete Location History.
- Choose Keep for 18 months or Keep for 3 months, then Next.
- Confirm by checking the box and then hitting Confirm.
Erase Voice & Audio Activity From Google
Google shops your records of ‘ OK Google. ‘ It does this to learn how to better understand your voice, but if you don’t want it to stay in your Google account, you can delete this data.
- Select MANAGE VOICE & AUDIO ACTIVITY.
- Click the trash can icon next to any date, or find a particular entry from the list and use the Delete menu option (the stacked dotted menu).
- Confirm with Delete.
Erase Your YouTube Search History
Another way that Google keeps track of your activity is by searching for YouTube. With just a few clicks you can delete the documents stored from YouTube searches:
Tip: There’s a lot you can do on YouTube. See this ultimate list of tips, hacks, and shortcuts
- Select MANAGE YOUTUBE SEARCH HISTORY.
- To delete the data from your Google account, use the delete button next to any record or day
- Select Delete again to confirm.
Erase Your YouTube Watch History
If you don’t want Google to remember what you’ve watched on YouTube, that data can also be deleted easily.
Tip: You can avoid these steps in the future by watching YouTube videos privately
- Use the MANAGE YOUTUBE WATCH HISTORY link to open a new page.
- Delete any particular entry you want, or remove the history of watching YouTube with the trash can button for a whole day.
- Confirm that by choosing Delete, you want to remove Google information.